I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Monday, June 21, 2010

Kindle now $189!


Barnes and Noble started a price war this morning, when they dropped the price of the nook 3G + Wi-Fi to $199 and announced a new, wireless only (no 3G cellular), nook Wi-Fi to be priced at $149. The response was swift, as Amazon has just announced a new $189.00 price on the Kindle with global wireless. Currently in stock (and now cheaper than a refurbished unit), I'd expect a lot of orders on them at this price.

If you recently purchased (within the last 30 days), I'd contact Kindle Customer Service to see if you can get a credit on your account, as they have done this in the past after price drops on the Kindle. That avoids having to deal with the hassle of a return and re-order.