I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Kindle Gets a Wish List

Amazon has changed the Save for Later function in the Kindle Store to instead support your normal Wish Lists at Amazon, as well as updated the Kindle book listings to allow you to directly add a Kindle book to any wish list - you no longer have to use the Universal Wish List tool to do this.

One cool thing I noticed when I accessed my wish lists from the Kindle - I could see all my lists (the Saved for Later items were now on a list called Kindle Wish List - I now have to liss with the same name, as I already had one with this title) and for each one, there is a count of how many Kindle books are on that list. When you open a list, you then see all the Kindle books from the list and (on my Original Kindle), three small blocks/buttons to click on - the top (unmarked) one opens the book detail page, the delete button removes the book from the list (no confirmation is asked for, no undo) and the third lets you move a book from one list to another. You can't see the prices in the list from the Kindle, so it isn't quite as useful as the online version and there is one odd behavior - every list I opened started on page 3, rather than page 1 of the wish list, requiring me to hit the Previous Page button twice to get to the first page.

So far, you still can't get someone else to buy something for you from your wish list (but you have to know that Amazon is working on it), just as with any other digital content. But you can now co-ordinate between the Kindle Store and the Web Store to manage the Kindle items in your wishlist.