I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Friday, November 9, 2012

Kindle Paperwhite Back Ordered

If you are thinking of picking up a Kindle Paperwhite as a Christmas gift for someone, better put in the order now. The current expected delivery date is December 21st, so it won't be many more orders before delivery will be after the holidays. I just checked the dates for the basic WiFi version, with and without Special Offers, and the more expensive 3G edition (also w/ and w/o SO) and all have the same projected delivery date.

I would not count on any type of Black Friday deals on these either (especially not from Amazon, who has only had special deals on models on their way out the door, such as the big discounts on the DX, which is now gone from the lineup). The only "deals" I've seen on ereaders for BF are one or two "with gift card" deals at local stores and you'll have to brave the BF traffic and crowds and hope they are in stock (I would not be surprised to see a number of people selling locally purchased readers on eBay, at outrageous prices, since Amazon's stock of them has started to dry up).

The following are all in-stock (for now) and can be delivered immediate:
The 8.9" Kindle Fire HD hasn't actually been released, but the expected delivery date on new orders for this model has now moved into December (from Nov 21), for orders placed today. The same first week of December dates are being projected for the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G, as well.

As the holidays get closer, I expect we'll see longer delays, even in the models that are now easy to get.