I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Friday, September 7, 2012

New Kindle Covers

One thing I always invest in is a cover or case for my ereaders - the glass can be a bit delicate and I can't count the number of times I've accidentally dropped one on the floor (or had one knocked off a table by a pet). They've all made it thru ok, though, as they were all secure in a cover. If you've looked around a bit at Amazon, the links to the cases aren't all that obvious (in fact, I didn't think they came in more than one color: black). But, it turns out that the Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Standing Leather Case ($54.99) comes in a number of colors and has a neat feature that I've only seen on the Android Transformer - opening the case turns on the device, while closing it puts it into standby.

The bargain $3 covers for the Kindle Paperwhite disappeared quick (I don't know if mine will ship, but I did get an order in). Amazon has their own covers available though, for all the new models, with the following color choices available:

Kindle Fire HD 8.9"
Standing Leather Case ($54.99)
Kindle Fire HD 7"
Standing Leather Case ($44.99)
Kindle Paperwhite
Leather Cover ($39.99)

There are some 3rd party covers starting to show up. Marware has quite a few in the list of available Kindle Paperwhite Covers and it looks like a number of the covers will fit the Paperwhite, Touch and Kindle (although perhaps not perfectly in all cases). In the case of the 7" Kindle Fire, if you don't want the special case from Amazon that turns it on and off automatically, then there are large number of cases that fit the Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD.

Any Kindle accessory purchase will also get you a $3 MP3 credit (limit one per account) -- it'll come via email, so be sure to keep an eye out once your order ships and apply the credit to your account.