I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

10 cent Android Apps & Free Book Updates

I forgot to check these until later today and I couldn't post until now, but if you get this tonight, you might want to check these apps at Amazon, as they are 10 cents tonight:
Of course, there are several more in the Android Market at 10 cents that are not in the Amazon store, at all, with 12 total 10 cent apps available today. There is a drawing program for kids (tablet edition, not for phones) and a couple of games that look interesting.

Also, there are a couple of additional formats on free books from later this afternoon:
There has been a lot of activity in the Kindle store the last few days -- Indie authors are now allowed to join the Kindle Lending Library and, if they do, have their books free for up to 5 days in each 90 day period (if they do join the KLL, then the book has to be exclusive to Amazon during the 90 day period, so some authors are not jumping in). As a result, the number of books in the Lending Library is now at near 50,000, but much of that appears to be self-published (with "list" prices ranging from 99 cents to over $300!). You can check out the non-public domain free ebook list or browse the list of all Prime Eligible Lending Library books, but I found a that adding some limits on price helped me to find more traditionally published titles in the Lending Library. If you bought your Kindle Fire on release date, you have two more days to borrow this month's book, before you'll need to decide if you are going to renew Prime.