I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Refurbished Kindles back in stock at Amazon

I don't see any refurbished Kindles with Special Offers (yet), but if you are wanting to pick up a Kindle reader at a discount, there are three different refurbished models to choose from, at least, at the moment -- as you know if you've read here for long, these refurbished Kindles can appear and stay for several days or be gone within minutes. I've purchased one refurb in the past and I could not tell the difference between it and a brand new one of the same model that I had purchased earlier. They all come with the same 30-day, no questions asked return policy and have the same one-year warranty as a new Kindle. You should be able to buy an extended warranty on them from Amazon, but I'm not sure about from other vendors (I haven't bothered with an extended warranty on ours, but we always buy a cover and treat them a bit gently - those who toss them about naked or carry them in their hip pockets or have difficulty in holding items should definitely consider the extended warranty). From looking at the prices, which usually are considered to be very close to manufacturing costs on refurbs, it's clear that there still isn't a lot of room for the KSO's to drop in price (but, that can always change, as technology progresses).