I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Spend $10 on eligible Kindle Books: Get a $10 Gift Card (KSO)

This offer is for those with the Kindle Wi-Fi with Special Offers or Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi with Special Offers only. Turn on your wireless, click Menu, Sync & Check for New Items, then on View Special Offers after the sync has completed. You should see a new offer:

Spend $10 on any of thousands of eligible Kindle Books and get a $10 Amazon.com Gift Card

Click on offer, then click on the link on the offer page sign up and get an email with the promotion code. Sign-up for this offer expires on June 25.

You'll get an email (right away) with a link to the special Special Offers page. There is no promotion code on this one; instead, just buy at $10 in Kindle books between now and July 9 (June 22, 2011, 12:00 a.m. [PDT] through July 9, 2011, 11:59 p.m. [PDT]); if you return a book during this period, it won't count towards the $10, but you should not have any problem finding one or more books from the list. To narrow the list to $5 and under, click here (you may see a few higher prices, if the book is cheaper outside the US).

There are a few things to watch for with this offer:
  • First, you must click on the Special Offer on your KSO and get the email (so, if a family member has the KSO on your account, have them perform this step).
  • Second, you cannot use an existing gift card balance to buy the books. So, if you always get gift cards to fund your Kindle account, you'll need to let them run out and buy the qualifying books using your credit or debit card before adding the next gift card to your account. The rules don't mention promotional balances, but since I have both on my account, I'll just assume I have to spend both before I do my shopping on this one.
  • You must have a KSO registered to your account when you make the purchases and, presumably, when the gift card is sent out the next month.
  • The offer is limited to those in the US.