I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kindle with Special Offers and 3G - $164

If you've been jealously reading about the special deals that those with a Kindle Wi-Fi with Special Offers have been getting, but you wanted to also have 3G service on your Kindle, then your prayers have been answered. Amazon has just released the Kindle 3G, Free 3G + Wi-Fi, 3G Works Globally, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers and priced it at $164.

In other news, Kobo/Borders and B&N have introduced their new touchscreen the last day or two, but I can't get very excited about those, after having a Sony touchscreen for the last year or two. The screen gets smudged and the keyboard interface is clunky (and I don't care for the wifi interface on the Kobo/Borders reader, especially it's insistence in downloading every single book in my library when I first sync'd). This new Kindle, though, shows that Amazon is still committed to keeping 3G service (neither of the other two have it in their latest generation readers) and making their ereaders affordable for all.