I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Friday, November 19, 2010

Sudoku Returns to Kindle Store

Sudoku ($3.99), by Electronic Arts Inc., has returned to the Kindle store. After I posted this a couple of days ago, only four of you managed to buy it before it was yanked from the store. Looks like there is some problem with the original version, as when I checked it today, there is now an update available to versions 1.1 (free for those who have already purchased it). I have no idea what it "fixes" and had absolutely no problems when I played it on my K3. I especially like the notes feature on the Kindle version -- much easier than using a pencil or pen and having to erase or mark thru your notes. I haven't played the newspaper mode, but with so many variations that will be there between the classic and random games, I'm not sure I'd ever bother. Although, if you have multiple Kindles in the family, you could all load up the same game and make it a race to see who finishes first!

Book Description
Play Sudoku on Kindle - anytime, anywhere.

EA Sudoku contains thousands of built-in puzzles, as well as the ability to enter and play a puzzle from your favorite newspaper or magazine in "Newspaper" mode.

With five difficulty levels from "Easy" to "Insane," Sudoku offers plenty of fun for Sudoku players of all skill levels. Built-in game features let you make "Notes," "Undo" moves, and apply "Error Checking." If you get stuck, you can use the "Hints" feature to fill out a cell for you, or use "AutoFill" to display the notes on all open cells on the game board. You can even track your game stats to see how you progress over time.

EA Sudoku lets you exercise your mind in a fun way.