I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Friday, November 19, 2010

Starbucks Share - B1G1F Holiday Drinks

I am posting this while sitting in my local Starbucks, sipping my free Caramel Brulee Latte, typing on the Kensington KeyFolio Bluetooth Keyboard and Case for iPad, Black, K39294US keyboard that I bought for my iPad. I've tried posting on the iPad before, but without a keyboard, it was an exercise in futility. I still make a few more typos than usual, but the keyboard actually works quite well (most of my errors are due to the slightly smaller size and the MAC layout).

But, you ask, how about that free latte? It's due to Starbuck's Share program that runs thru Sunday, Nov 21: buy any of their Holiday Classics drinks and get another free, between 2PM and 5PM. I've also been trying out their Bookish Reading Club program, which allows you to read one of four books while in the store (iPad, ipod Touch, smart-phones or PC/mac only), but it has a few issues to resolve before it's ready for prime time (and I hope they are fixed by next week, as I really want to read the book I'll tell you about on the 23rd. This week, the only one I really wanted to read was Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love ($9.99 Kindle), but despite trying two days ago and again today, all I get is a content error message. I was able to open Atlantic: Great Sea Battles, Heroic Discoveries, Titanic Storms,and a Vast Ocean of a Million Stories ($14.99 Kindle). It's still available to read for the next two weeks, but it's so big I doubt I'll get thru it (especially since I'm looking forward to next week's book). Also, be sure to bring an Apple device or a PC notebook/netbook. I could open Atlantic on my Droid phone, but only see one blank page and no navigation worked (Oogy just showed the same content error message I got on the iPad and netbook). You can actually get as far as the "Read" button with the Kindles browser, but the reading app doesn't work (not that I thought it would).