I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Thursday, April 22, 2010

More Earth Day Specials

Barnes and Noble is running a number Earth Day specials and it looks like their prices on the Planet Earth DVD's are even lower than Amazon's, as they are giving everyone Member prices, right now (then again, they'll charge sales tax in most states, but there is free shipping over $25).

FaveCrafts is giving away a copy of their Recycling Crafts eBook, which contains 42 ways to reuse and recycle common household items thru crafts. I'll probably never make a toilet paper tube napkin ring (but they might be cute for kids), but maybe I'll find a use for all those AOL CD's I've accumulated over the years.

Book Description
This green craft eBook includes:

* Section 1: Paper- Learn how to use junk mail to make paper beads.
* Section 2: Paper Making- Use paper, magazines and greeting cards to create different kinds of crafts
* Section 3: Metal- Use tins and cans to create little critters and luminaries
* Section 4: Plastic- Use those old bottles, cans and containers to create household items and decor
* Section 5: Glass- Don’t break those old wine bottles, create coasters out of them
* Section 6: Clothing- Sweaters and belts don’t have to be clothing items, they can be made into bracelets
* Section 7: Miscellaneous- Take those old CD’s and turn them into ornaments.