I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Free two-day shipping on Kindle

Just in time for Mother's Day, Amazon has brought back their free 2-day shipping offer on the Kindle and Kindle DX. Order either one today and you'll get free shipping and delivery by Friday. According to the countdown clock I see on the order pages, you have until 11PM EST to place your order (one-day shipping is $3.99 for those with Amazon Prime, letting you procrastinate until tomorrow to place your order). I know my mother uses her Kindle daily and I'd get one for my M-I-L, if she were not in such a remote area that she has no Whispernet access (and no computer, either, for USB downloads). Of the two, the Kindle DX has larger fonts and better speakers, for those who use the Text-to-Speech feature, while the Kindle is quite a bit easier to hold, has buttons on both sides and is more transportable.

How to redeem:
  • Add Kindle Wireless Reading Device (6" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation) or Kindle DX Wireless Reading Device (9.7" Display, Global Wireless, Latest Generation) to your Shopping Cart.
  • When you're done shopping, click "Proceed to checkout." Select Two-Day Shipping.
  • On the final checkout page, the shipping discount will appear in the upper-right corner of your Order Summary.
Additional details on the offer can be found HERE.

If your mother already has a Kindle, don't forget to print off a Kindle Gift Certificate, which can double as a Mother's Day card.