I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Friday, January 15, 2010

Update - Flip from Random House Australia

As I reported earlier, Random House in Australia is giving away the EPUB version of book Flip ($9.59 Kindle), by Peter Sheahan, in return for signing up for one of their newsletters. Unfortunately, when they first set up the web page, the links they sent out for download the book didn't work. Once they fixed that (not for a week and after their next newsletter came out announcing the book), the links only generated error messages (various ones, usually that someone else had used the license).

Today it seems they have corrected the problem, as I managed to get the book to download, although it still took a couple of tries, either because my Sony Reader software tried to do the download the first time or because the old .acsm files were still being tried by Adobe Digital Editions. In any case, if you received the links in email before and were unsuccessful, go ahead and try again. You don't need to re-register, but I'm including that link below, for those that didn't do so earlier.

Click HERE to sign up for the free book (EPUB, not Kindle compatible).