I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Price Reduction on Wii and Wii Fit, plus $25 bonus

Looks like the price of the Wii console has finally dropped below $200. As many as they've sold, you have to wonder if it's because nearly the entire planet now has at least one of them? To celebrate (and promote sales, I'm sure), Amazon has a couple of specials going on. First, if you buy a Wii Console, you get a $25 gift certificate in the mail, which you can use for anything sold by Amazon (excludes third-party sellers, but works perfectly fine on Kindle books).

On the same page, they have sale prices on a number of games, including one I play way too much, cutting into my reading time: Animal Crossing: City Folk ($24.99). For a little more active game, Punch-Out!! has one of the weirdest add-ons I've seen for a game. If you buy it now, they throw in the Amazon.com Exclusive Punch-Out!! Heavyweight Contender Kit, which contains (no joke) a candy bar, a crown, a desktop punching bag and a pair of boxer shorts (bright yellow, size large).

They are also running a one-day sale on Wii Fit, which includes the balance board, for $79.98. That price lets you add the Wii Fit Plus software at $19.49 and end up with both games and the board at about the price of the Wii Fit Plus with balance board alone ($98.99).