I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Friday, June 5, 2009

Reminder: National Kindle & Koffee Day

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the "official" Kindle and Koffee Day, to be celebrated by taking your Kindle to a local Starbucks or other coffee shop and reading or trying to read your book while showing off your Kindle to those who happen by. See my earlier post for some suggestions of books that are suitable for the occasion (or just read the latest bargains you've picked up for free).

The people over on the Amazon Kindle forums, where the idea originated, have a list of confirmed locations (Kindle & Koffee Locations), but it is by no means an exhaustive list. I've seen messages all over the internet this week and people are meeting up at Starbucks, Pete's, Caribou, various bookstores with coffee shops (Barnes & Noble and Borders both use Starbucks Coffee) and local coffee shops. So head on down tomorrow morning and have a cup of coffee while you read. You might end up showing off your Kindle; if not, it's a relaxing hour to start off your weekend.