I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Spotlight on Rachel Caine

Rachel Caine's Lord of Misrule has just been released ($5.59 on the Kindle) and is book #5 in the Morganville Vampire series. The entire series is out for the Kindle at the bargain price of $4.79 each:

Glass Houses
The Dead Girls' Dance
Midnight Alley
Feast of Fools

This series gets classified with Children's books and although aimed at young adults, it is a series that adult readers can also enjoy. Lord of Misrule is already at #7 in it's genre and the entire series is more well-written than the Twilight series that has dominated the lists in recent weeks. It's already on my Kindle and waiting for me to finish my current book (Living with the Dead, by Kelley Armstrong, which I started right after Personal Demon; these are books 8 and 9 in the Women of the Otherworld series, with only book 2 missing from the Kindle) and start on it next.

I first read Caine's Weather Warden series and now look forward to both of these series. It looks like I'll have to add another series to the must-buy list, as she is releasing Undone) on February 3, the first in a new series, Outcast Season, which looks like a spinoff from the Weather Warden series and aimed once again at the more mature audience.

Weather Warden novels:

Ill Wind $5.59
Heat Stroke $5.59
Chill Factor $6.39
Windfall $6.39
Firestorm $5.59
Thin Air $5.59
Gale Force $6.39


Other books by Rachel Caine
Devil's Bargain $3.60
Line of Sight $3.96