I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Rand McNally Atlas out for Kindle

I love Rand McNally's Road Atlas, but they can be awkward to use, folding out to take the entire dash or tabletop. They have now migrated three states to the Kindle, where they'll definitely cost less ($1.59), take less room (but do take about 4MB of space, each), but where I wonder if they'll be as useful. I can see why Washington is one of the first states included and it makes sense they stay on the west coast with their initial picks. You can now drive all over California (Northern and Southern) and Washington state with just your Kindle in hand, but if you want to get from one to the other, I guess you'd better stick with the interstate, for now, as Oregon hasn't been released yet.