So, I canceled my pre-order (again) and re-ordered it today. The price is still $7.99, so there was no penalty for doing so. I don't know that this is necessary, but I do recommend that you check you order and see if the ASIN is still valid. To do this, first click on the Manage My Kindle page, then locate your order, under the "Open Orders" banner. Click on the link that says "View details" and then on the link for the book itself. If it shows the book info page, you are all set. If not, then you can cancel the book from the "View details" page and then click on the link above to find the new listing and order it again. In fact, you can put the order in even before you cancel the old one (but do remember to cancel), since Amazon doesn't see these as being for the same book.
I've moved!
I've moved!
Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the KnobI've moved!
Custom Search
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Under the Dome -- ASIN Change -- Old Listing no Longer Valid
So, I canceled my pre-order (again) and re-ordered it today. The price is still $7.99, so there was no penalty for doing so. I don't know that this is necessary, but I do recommend that you check you order and see if the ASIN is still valid. To do this, first click on the Manage My Kindle page, then locate your order, under the "Open Orders" banner. Click on the link that says "View details" and then on the link for the book itself. If it shows the book info page, you are all set. If not, then you can cancel the book from the "View details" page and then click on the link above to find the new listing and order it again. In fact, you can put the order in even before you cancel the old one (but do remember to cancel), since Amazon doesn't see these as being for the same book.