I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Amazon Acquires GoodReads

You may have already heard the news, but be sure to check out the post on Goodreads itself that discusses the acquisition.

Let's hope that GoodReads isn't marginalized as Shelfari was (the only good thing I saw happen at Shelfari was that you could add all your Kindle books to your shelves, then export in a list that could easily be added to LibraryThing; having them in Shelfari was useless, since there's no search ability, at least, not the last time I bothered to log in there). It does look like they are making a link from your Kindle Library to GoodReads a priority (it might even import paper book purchases), but no word on when it will be implemented.

In the meantime, there are rumors circulating over on the Amazon forums that a new Manage Your Kindle page is coming (some people, on slower connections or machines, can't access their entire libaries, although I've not seen a problem, other than the extreme slowness to load the entire list so it can be searched).