I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Monday, February 27, 2012

Free Book - I Love Kawaii (K)

I Love Kawaii, by Charuca, is free to pre-order in the Kindle store. No description, size or cover at Amazon yet, but I turned up a book description over on the Monsa page. No idea if this will be the full title or just a sampler/preview. Looks like a kid's title, though..
Book Description
Kawaii is a Japanese term which means “cute”. Cuteness seems to be a highly valued aesthetic quality in Japanese society and particularly Japanese pop culture, and overpowering cuteness seems to carry less of the stigma of infantilization as it does in many other cultures. Kawaii style have become very trendy, and a lot of brands such as Sanrio or San-X have been working on the creation of characters under that funny aesthetic. Charuca is one of the best Kawaii illustrators in Spain and she show us on this amusing and colorful title a compilation of all of her favorite international illustrators, such as Tokidoki, Meomi, Tado or Charuca herself.