I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Monday, December 12, 2011

Free Audiobook - This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage

This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage, by Ann Patchett, is free for everyone as a holiday gift from Audible. This is an exclusive essay from them and will likely disappear (or go up in price) after the holiday season.
Book Description
“Tell the story of your marriage,” my young friend Niki says to me. “Write down how it is you have a happy marriage” But the story of my marriage, which is the great joy and astonishment of my life, is too much like a fairy tale, the German kind, unsweetened by Disney.

This December, we are excited to present our members with a gift that is truly unique: an original essay, available exclusively here at Audible, written and voiced by best-selling author – and fellow listener – Ann Patchett. This Is the Story of a Happy Marriage is a very real love story, and one that is much more about the journey than the destination. Chock full of beauty, truth, and humor, and, in trademark Ann Patchett style, possessing an uncanny ability to feel both surprising and familiar at the same time, this essay is a perfect, if unconventional, holiday listen. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Happy holidays and happy listening!