I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Android Appsale - 10 cent Apps

Google is celebrating 10 Billion Downloads in the Android Market, with 10 apps for 10 cents apiece every day (for 10 days, but we missed a couple). I played around trying to get these with the Android simulator (but had no success) and did find on my tablet or phone that I first had to log in to the Google Wallet and update my payment method (since it had been a while since I purchased anything in the Market). But, one neat thing I found is that some of the apps that are on sale are also the same price in the Amazon Appstore today, such as TETRIS and Space Physics, which I just picked up for a dime apience and which work with the Kindle Fire and my Asus tablet (unlike the versions in the Google Market, such as Tetris, which was only going to work with my phone). I did pick up Talking Tom 2 from Google and there are several other apps worth looking at, if only to see if one you are interested in is also in the Amazon store.

Check back each day until the promotion ends and then double check the Amazon Appstore, if you want the app on your Kindle Fire (today's score: I bought three from Amazon and four from Google, so a total of 70 cents!).