I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ten Free Books for Kobo Vox

I'm still awaiting the arrival of my Kobo Vox, which was supposed to have arrived earlier and then was delayed in shipping until Nov 7 (hey, it's two days after that! where's my reader?). So, I've been anticipating it's arrival a bit, as I'd like to get a few days with it before the Kindle Fire arrives. I was poking around on the Kobo site today and found a section of books that are marked as Just for Kobo Vox. As usual, sorting by price at Kobo simply removes all the free books from a search, but by checking every single page, I've uncovered 10 titles that you can grab for free, including one that actually works on other Kobo readers (and can be downloaded as an EPUB). Most of these are comics and one even comes in several different languages.

Desserts: Sweet Dreams, by Jean Paré
Book Description
A bounty of truffles, fudge, toffee and more await with this fun collection of recipes for sweet treats, all carefully selected from the Company's Coming collection and displayed in beautiful colour photographs.

Essential Europe Promotional Guide, by Lonely Planet
Book Description
Planning a trip to Europe? Know before you go! Download a free copy of Lonely Planet's Europe Essentials and receive helpful tips on packing and planning, etiquette advice, transportation information, themed itineraries, and much more. It's the perfect complement to Lonely Planet's guidebooks and a great starting point to a dream vacation.

TRUE GRIT - MEAN BUSINESS, by Paramount Pictures, actually can be downloaded in 13 different languages.
Book Description
Five U.S. Marshals and a wagon-load of prisoners... A boy appears, with news of a bloody double-murder... Two of the marshals ride out to investigate... TRUE GRIT: MEAN BUSINESS is a free 24-page comic adapted from the novel TRUE GRIT by Charles Portis, now a major motion picture by the Coen Brothers. Inspired by the dime novels that first brought fame to the heroes and villains of the old American west, it is available to view in seven languages using a variety of different comic and ebook viewers.

There's no description for the comics/graphic novels, so I'm just going to list them here - if you have a Vox coming (or think you'll pick one up later), be sure to grab them while they are free.