I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Saturday, October 29, 2011

New Nook Daily Find: Parliament of Whores

I asked over in the B&N forums if today's Nook Daily Find was going to be fixed (since it isn't a deal, at all) and the only result was that I can't even find my question was in the forums (which are a pain to navigate) and they haven't updated the NDF page or the book's price. A reader commented, though, that she thought that Parliament of Whores: A Lone Humorist Attempts to Explain the Entire U.S. Government ($8.59 Kindle; $3.30 B&N), by P. J. O'Rourke, was supposed to be today's Daily Find -- there is, at least, a bargain price on it. Don't ask me, though, how she found this was "supposed" to be it, as the book I posted earlier is still featured on the B&N Nook page, the main home page (as an ad) and on the NDF official page.
Book Description
Called “an everyman’s guide to Washington” (The New York Times), P. J. O’Rourke’s savagely funny and national bestseller Parliament of Whores has become a classic in understanding the workings of the American political system. Originally written at the end of the Reagan era, this new edition includes an extensive foreword by the renowned political writer Andrew Ferguson—showing us that although the names and the players have changed, the game is still the same. Parliament of Whores is an exuberant, broken-field run through the ethical foibles, pork barrel flimflam, and bureaucratic bungling inside the Beltway that leaves no sacred cow unskewered and no politically correct sensitivities unscorched.