I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Free and Bargain Music Downloads

I was poking around in the Amazon MP3 store this morning, after I saw the that Esperanza Spalding's I'll Look Around (from her A Tribute to Billie Holiday album) was free to download today. I found several new free samplers and a few albums that may be of interest.

Shostakovich: Cello Concerto No. 1 - Symphony No. 9 - Liadov: Baba Yaga - A Musical Snuffbox - The Enchanted Lake, by Lynn Harrell, Gerard Schwarz and the Seattle Symphony Orchestra, is today's MP3 Deal of the Day, so likely won't be $1.99 for long. This isn't one of those mega compilations, but is well over an hour of solid cello/classical performance.

50 Must-Have Patriotic Favorites: Celebrating America on the 4th of July & Beyond, performed by The Parade Brass & Symphony Orchestra And Bedros Papazian, is also $1.99. I suspect this was yesterday's deal of the day, but I didn't check in on it, as I was out with family for the day. There are 50 cuts on this album from Cobra Entertainment, which is nearly 3 hours in length.

If you don't have Bruce Springsteen's Born In The U.S.A., then you should probably grab it while it's only $3.99. You don't have to wait until next July 4th to play it (but you'll be expected to have it playing at your pool party then).

Here are a few free samplers that appear to be newly added: