I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Free Book (Kindle) - Grant Wins the War (UK)

Grant Wins the War: Decision at Vicksburg ($13.17 US), by James R. Arnold, is free for UK customers in the Kindle store (UK link). This one is from publisher Wiley and I haven't been seeing their books drop to zero for US customers.

Book Description
Vicksburg is the key. . . . Let us get Vicksburg, and all that country is ours.--President Abraham Lincoln, 1862

In a brilliantly constructed and powerfully rendered new account, James R. Arnold offers a penetrating analysis of Grant's strategies and actions leading to the Union victory at Vicksburg. Approaching these epic events from a unique and well-rounded perspective, and based on careful research, Grant Wins the War is fascinating reading for all Civil War and military history buffs.