I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Zoo City for £1.00

Zoo City ($4.69 Kindle), by Lauren Beukes, has made the shortlist (top 6) for the Arthur C Clarke Award (and it’s still on the shortlist for the British Science Fiction Association Award for Best Novel). To celebrate, the publisher, Angry Robot, is selling the book for £1 (that’s about $1.60 USD) direct from their website. The books there are DRM-free, so you can convert the EPUB you receive via Calibre to work with the Kindle.

Book Description
WHERE NO ONE ELSE DARE VENTURE…

Zinzi has a Sloth on her back, a dirty online 419 scam habit – and a talent for finding lost things. But when her latest client, a little old lady, turns up dead and the cops confiscate her lastpaycheck, she’s forced to take on her least favourite kind of job: missing persons

An astonishing second novel from the author of the highly-acclaimed Moxyland.


Click HERE to get the book for £1.00. Payment is via PayPal, so the conversion to your local currency should be more or less automatic (note that some banks and credit cards may charge you a currency exchange fee).

Note: I have a PDF ARC of this book, provided as a review copy by Angry Robot sometime last year (however, it still sits on my TBR pile, waiting it's turn to be read), so I didn't go thru the checkout further than verifying that PayPal was accepted.