I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Friday, October 15, 2010

Free Game (Kindle) - Mine Sweeper

If you've had your Kindle a while, you probably know that it comes with a version of Minesweeper built in. I think I played it perhaps twice on my original Kindle before relegating to the digital dustheap -- yes, you could play, but it was tedious and slow (and I'd rather read when I had my Kindle out). I'm sure the K2 was a bit better (at least there was a joystick), but I never even tried it. Today, however, Amazon has released a new Mine Sweeper and this version uses the new Active Content platform, so only works upgraded Kindle 2, Kindle DX and any Kindle 3 (just as the other games available require). If it combines the addictive qualities of the original (pc based) Minesweeper and the two Kindle word games already available, this one will be a keeper.

Book Description
Do you enjoy puzzle games? With Mine Sweeper you must use your deductive powers in a race against time to quickly clear a minefield.

The objective of Mine Sweeper is to find all of the mines that are hidden on the game grid. When you uncover a location on the grid, the number of mines adjacent to that location is revealed. The game ends when you have successfully identified all the mines and uncovered all the unoccupied locations - or, when you inadvertently uncover a location that contains a mine. The clock is ticking, so challenge yourself to go faster and faster with each game.

The Kindle version of Mine Sweeper contains 3 different grid sizes for various levels of difficulty and thousands of different puzzles for almost endless variety. If you are new to Mine Sweeper, turning on "Tips" will provide helpful hints to get you started.

Exercise and challenge your deductive powers with Mine Sweeper.