I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Monday, August 30, 2010

Fatal Affair under a Buck

Kobo will be running one book from Carina Press for only 99 cents each day for the next week. Today's book is Fatal Affair ($3.89 $0.99 Kindle), by Marie Force. I haven't downloaded this one (yet), but I do know that Carina Press opposes DRM and the books I've purchased from them at other ebookstores have been DRM free. So, you should get an EPUB that you can run thru Calibre and easily convert for your Kindle or any other ereader.

Update: OK, I bought the book and tested it - it has DRM added, despite the publisher. So, this one is EPUB readers only, no Kindles!

Update #2: For Canadian customers only, this one is $0.93 in the Kindle store!

Update #3: 99 cents for US customers in the Kindle store!

Book Description
Washington, D.C., Metro Police Detective Sergeant Sam Holland needs a big win to salvage her career-and her confidence-after a disastrous investigation. The perfect opportunity arises when Senator John O'Connor is found brutally murdered in his bed, and Sam is assigned to the case. Matters get complicated when Sam has to team up with Nick Cappuano, O'Connor's friend and chief of staff...and the man Sam had a memorable one-night stand with years earlier. Their sexual chemistry still sizzles, and Sam has to fight to stay focused on the case. Sleeping with a material witness is another mistake she can't afford-especially when the bodies keep piling up.

Click here to purchase from Kobo.