I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Friday, May 7, 2010

Magazine Bargains under Five Bucks

Much as I love my Kindle, for magazines I still prefer paper (so far). Between the pictures (and even ads), the ability to rip out pages and just leave it behind after reading, magazines are just more versatile than the current implementations of electronic magazines, at least as far as those available on ereaders. Last winter I signed up for Backpacker when it was $5 a year (currently $9.95 for two years) and used several other inexpensive subscriptions as gifts. I was glancing thru the current sale and found a few other at five dollars or less for a year.




Boston Magazine ($4.95/year)
New England Home ($4.95/year)
Seventeen ($5.00/year)
Time Out New York Kids ($4.95/year)
Teen Vogue ($5.00/year)
Scholastic Parent And Child ($4.97/year)
Ladies Home Journal ($5.00/year)
Popular Mechanics ($7.00/year) (technically over the limit, but still a good bargain)