I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December Orbit Dollar Book: Orcs

November's One Dollar Book from Orbit is Orcs, by Stan Nicholls, an omnibus edition that contains the full Orcs: First Blood Trilogy (Bodyguard of Lightning, Legion of Thunder and Warriors of the Tempest) and has been selling for $9.99 in the Kindle store. Currently, only Barnes & Noble has updated with the new price, so be sure to check closely before ordering (Amazon is still at $9.99). Update: As of Wed. morning, Amazon and Barnes & Noble have this book for $1.00 - the other stores have not yet changed their prices.

Book Description
"Look at me. Look at the Orc."

"There is fear and hatred in your eyes. To you I am a monster, a skulker in the shadows, a fiend to scare your children with. A creature to be hunted down and slaughtered like a beast in the fields.

It is time you pay heed to the beast. And see the beast in yourself. I have your fear. But I have earned your respect.

Hear my story. Feel the flow of blood and be thankful. Thankful that it was me, not you, who bore the sword. Thankful to the orcs; born to fight, destined to win peace for all."

This book will change the way you feel about Orcs forever.


Not every ebookstore has been matching Orbit's suggested sales price on their dollar books, but I'll include links for the major ones here, so you can check for other formats besides the Kindle one above.

Barnes & Noble
Sony
Fictionwise
Books on Board