I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Monday, November 23, 2009

Free Book - Finitude

Hamish MacDonald is giving away, for a limited time, copies of his book Finitude, in several formats. Mobi/PRC isn't one of the formats, unfortunately, but I simply took the EPub version and used Calibre to both add a cover and create a Mobi version that I copied onto my Kindle.

Book Description
A light-hearted climate change adventure story about an insurance salesman at the end of the world.

After a thirty-year rationing plan called “The Effort” the prime minister declares VC Day: “Victory over the Climate”. Chronically depressed insurance salesman Jeremy Chutter, however, knows that it’s all hot air. The end is nigh — and he can’t wait!

But then Jeremy’s world is suddenly turned upside-down…


You can download the book using one of these two links (right-click and choose Save As):

EPub
HTML

or you can get a PDF copy by sending an email request to bikolang@gmail.com (he is handling the requests for Mr. MacDonald).

If you'd rather purchase a copy of this one another of Mr. MacDonald's books, he sells them direct from his website. Here is what he says about the paper and process used to create the paper books:
Each novel is a hand-made perfect-bound paperback, and the journals are hand-stitched hardcovers. The paper used inside my novels is 100% recycled. The "pulp novel" style paper I use is actually made from "de-inked low-grade post-consumer waste material, which is generally in low demand and hence more likely to be consigned to landfill. Manufactured at the Steinbeis mill in Germany, this 80gsm paper passes the Blauer Engel/Blue Angel certification". It even comes with Greenpeace's stamp of approval.