I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Saturday, October 17, 2009

$1.99 EBook Sale at Drollerie Press

Drollerie Press has been holding a $1.99 sale on their web site - every book at $1.99 or less. They lowered the prices at mobipocket.com, as well and I kept waiting for the Kindle prices to drop, but they never did. In any case, the sale should continue thru tomorrow on the web site. It turns out that the books you buy from them direct are DRM-Free, which means you can load them onto your kindle (unlike the ones at mobipocket.com) and there are multiple formats available, in case you have a different reader. You might want to check out the sale before it ends. If you do buy a book, make sure you don't use the Safari browser to download it. For whatever reason, Safari (at least on the Mac) will scramble the file as it is downloaded, rendering it unreadable. They download just fine with Firefox (on any platform) or Internet Explorer on a PC.