I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Friday, September 25, 2009

Game of the Day - 98 Cents (plus one free)

Amazon's Video Game of the Day deal today is a game download, Tradewinds 2, for 98 cents. It's a cute game, so far, where you travel between ports, buying and selling trade goods (with prices changing at ports depending on the season) and fighting off pirates. I quickly played thru the 30 minute trial period and promptly went back to Amazon and purchased the full version.

This game also qualifies as a purchase for the Buy One, Get One Free offer that Amazon is currently running and I've already received the email from Amazon telling me to choose one of the games from that offer to download for free (but I'll try each of them first, to make sure they work on my computer; I've run into some that won't and others that were just unplayable for me, so the 30 minute trial period is something I always take advantage of).

Game Description
  • Trade Goods And Fight Pirates.
  • Over 100 Swashbuckling Adventures
  • Customize Your Ship And Characters
  • Over 60 Hours Of Gameplay
Amass a fortune by buying and selling goods in this fantastic seafaring game of chance, skill and adventure! Earn enough gold to upgrade your ship and engage in land and sea battles. Trade magic weaponry and mysterious artifacts as you encounter a fascinating new world and discover uncharted ports. Two game modes and over sixty hours of gameplay await you in your quest to dominate the high seas!