I've moved!

I've moved!

Thanks for stopping by, but it appears you are using a (very) old address for my blog. I've moved to a Wordpress site and you'll need to update your bookmarks for Books on the Knob

I've moved!

Custom Search

Saturday, May 9, 2009

One Dollar Game Downloads

It's the weekend and I'll probably try to catch up on some reading, since it's been a busy week. But I'll also want to take a break now and then, not to rest my eyes, but to give them a bit of exercise (besides, just as we can now eat an ounce of dark chocolate a day in the name of anti-oxidants, we can spend a few minutes a day on a game in order to increase our eye's low-light and contrast function) and Amazon is tempting me with today's Video Game Deal of the Day: Five game downloads at 98 cents each. You can still do a trial run, but you have to buy before the end of the day (PST). Most of their game deals are limited in number, but I don't know if that applies to downloads (like Kindle books, they can't run out). At under a dollar apiece, you should be able to determine if a game is appealing in under ten minutes, well within the half hour you are allowed. I've picked up several games in their previous sales and have been having a blast landing planes, shooting down evil ants and defending the earth from mutant chickens. The games are more limited that the ones for some game consoles or the larger titles that you don't download, but are just as professionally done. The regular prices are the same or less as a game rental in this area and there is no pressure to finish the game and get it back. Another nice thing about their downloads is that you can use these on more than one computer (I think four), so long as you log in on the machine and register it (you may have to log in periodically or each time you get a new game), so one game can be shared by you and your kids pc's or added to a laptop or netbook to take to the office or on vacation or off to college.

Here's the list of the games included in the sale:

Virtual Villagers
Ricochet Lost Worlds: Recharged
Alice Greenfingers
Slingo Quest
Atlantis Quest